Who is this course for?
This Puppy Training Workshop is designed to enable participants on completion; the foundations to safely and successfully exercise their puppy, and to prevent the early onset of osteoarthritis.
Puppies are everywhere at the moment. Join our Puppy Training Workshop to acquire the essential tools for both exercising and caring for your puppy’s body the right way. This course has been designed to provide guidance on how much activity is enough for your puppy up to 2 years old, ensuring they are not over-ran, to go on to live a long and active life.
Duration: 2:45 hours
BYO puppy with a vaccination certificate as it is mandatory by the venue.
Puppy Training Workshop ONLY $67
Brief overview of Puppy Training Workshop:
- How much should your young dog play, train and rest
- Why it’s important to protect your puppy’s growth plates
- Age appropriate exercises at <6mth, 6-14mth, >14mth for balance, strength, endurance, skills & jumping training exercises with guidelines
- When is the right age to desex
- Discuss diet & supplements for a healthy puppy
- Appropriate therapy for dogs under 2 yo
How Much Activity and Why
Learn the importance of how much your puppy should play, train and rest. These young dogs have an abundance of energy which needs to be safely guided until fully matured at 2 years old. Prevention of early onset arthritis it the key to live a long active life, pain-free.
Participants gain hands-on training experience with their dogs.
Hands-On Demonstration and Practical Exercise
Guided puppy training exercise and activities, examination, and discussions, with plenty of practical exercises throughout the workshop, enabling participants to practice skills learned.
It’s a fun, educational day enjoyed by all – especially the pups!
Age Appropriate Exercises at: <6mth, 6-14mth, >14mth
Learn age appropriate exercise training with guidelines to take home and use safely and effectively on your puppy. Such as:
- What is Skill training;
- Why balance or proprioception training is essential;
- When can you start jumping
- Where to start with strength training; and lastly
- How much endurance training can they have